Wagon Road Test – Radio Flyer Metal All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon #32
One of the best selling wagons for Radio Flyer over the years, the #32 All Terrain Steel and Wood wagon has the best traits of an all purpose wagon and few flaws.
- Metal Bed: practically indestructible, you can throw the kitchen sink at without an issue. Official weight capacity is 200 pounds so don’t be shy with chores around the homestead – just be sure to store in doors to keep the rain off and rust away.
- Air Tires: pneumatic pneumatic pneumatic pneumatic help cushion the ride for your live cargo and provide stability and traction for heavy loads.
- High Sides: drop the kids inside and the side rails will keep them safe inside. No falling out of this wagon unless you choose to eject.
- Bolted on side-rails: Yes, we love the high sides because it creates a safe haven for toddlers, but the drawback here is that they are not removable without tools. Not a huge issue unless your transporting it in a small vehicle.
- Not as large as the #29 All Terrain Cargo Wagon: A bit smaller than its wooden cousin, the steel and wood wagon uses the same bed as the rest of the metal family.
Bottom Line: If you’re not concerned about the bolt-on sides creating a packing issue in the minivan, than this is our top pick for all around off-road fun with the family and serious cargo hauling capabilities around the house.
Add-ons: Be sure to grab some shade for the little tikes.